Monday, August 19, 2013

STAR WARS MEMORIES 2

Okay, so maybe I'm not so crazy after all.

It turns out I'm not entirely wrong regarding my previous post about my mis-remembering the original STAR WARS film as being advertised with the tagline "somewhere this may all be happening right now".  My pal Garrett Keitel (thanks buddy!) sent me a link to the original STAR WARS trailer. It's less than two-minutes in length, there is no John Williams music, the STAR WARS logo isn't the one we all know and love, some of the effects shots don't look entirely finished and there's a dreadful voice-over narration that begins "Somewhere in space this may all be happening right now." Not "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." Not "coming to your galaxy this summer."

So I must have seen this trailer and that phrase must have stuck in my head. Trouble is, I don't remember SEEING this trailer. My memory is of seeing the teaser one-sheet only, the one with the words "somewhere this may all be happening" (or something to that effect). I think I liked that phrase so much that I decided it would make a good title for a science fiction short story that I might write someday.

That sf short story remains unwritten and I'm still slightly confused. Is there a Jedi Master reading this blog who can provide some clarity and focus on this question? Was there a teaser one-sheet with "somewhere in space..." on it? Please fill me in on the details so I can stop worrying about my memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment