Tuesday, September 3, 2013

MOVIE TRIVIA ANSWER

The answer to yesterday's movie trivia question is PSYCHO (1960).

I caught the last 30 minutes or so of the film on TCM the other night while I was channel surfing. I came in on the scene where Arbogast (Martin Balsam) is questioning Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins). Arbogast knows that the answers he got from Norman don't add up. Something is missing. When he calls in to Lila Crane (Vera Miles) to report his findings, he makes the remark about how "if it doesn't gel, it's not aspic." That struck me as a very unusual, but apt, turn of phrase. It was something I'd never heard in a movie (or real life, for that matter) in my life.

The clues were in the prizes I listed. $40,000 was the amount of money that Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) absconded with and Greenlawn Cemetery is where Mr.s Bates is supposed to be buried.

Stay tuned for a more in depth posting about this groundbreaking, seminal film.


No comments:

Post a Comment