Thursday, May 16, 2013

MY MEN'S ADVENTURE MAGAZINES

Adventure 1953-06

For some time now, I've posted random images of men's adventure magazines on this blog, none of which I own. For a change, I thought I'd share with you the men's "sweat" magazines that I do own. There aren't nearly as many as I'd like, but I'm working on that. 

First up is ADVENTURE for June, 1953. ADVENTURE was one of the longest lived pulp fiction magazines of all-time. It began publication in 1910 and published it's last issue under the original title in 1966. 

ADVENTURE featured pulp fiction stories of adventure (duh!) for many years. The last pulp size and format issue was published in June, 1950, at the extreme end of the pulp era. The magazine went on hiatus for a few years and resumed publication in January, 1953 in the traditional magazine size format. ADVENTURE now featured a mix of fiction and "fact" stories but still emphasized adventure stories of every kind. The issue above was only the second to be published in the standard magazine format. 

I purchased this beauty in 2012 at one of the City Wide Garage Sales. 


No comments:

Post a Comment