Saturday, June 29, 2013

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY


On June 29th, 2012, this blog was born. Today, I celebrate my first anniversary as a blogger. Two big thanks are in order here.

First, thanks to my lovely wife Judy who set this blog up for me as a surprise. I came home from work one day and she said "guess what you have now?" I was genuinely but pleasantly surprised. I most likely would have never done this without her support and encouragement. Thanks honey, you're the best!

Thanks also to each and every one of you who have taken the time to visit this blog and read my posts. As of this morning, I've had 28,508 hits which is not bad. I hope that you've enjoyed reading about the stuff that interests me and hopefully, interests you. Is there anything you'd like to see more of? Less of? Something I haven't written about? Something you wish I'd never write about again? Please let me know. Your feedback and comments are always welcome and appreciated.

In honor of this first anniversary, I've been going back to the beginning of the blog and adding a new coat of paint to some of my early postings. I must admit that I didn't really know what I was doing when I started this endeavor. I learned by doing and made some mistakes along the way but I've definitely made the blog better now than when I started. If you're a regular reader or a first timer, you might want to go into the archives and read some of the "new" old posts.

Finally, a word from our sponsor. I sell lots of the stuff I write about here on my blog on eBay. I sell DVDs, comic books, magazines, books (hardcover and paperback) and graphic novels. My eBay seller i.d. is: member287992. Check it out and bid on anything that strikes your interest. I'd love to sell some of my stuff to someone who reads this blog. Also, I have a list of comic books for sale/trade that I'd be happy to send to anyone who's interested. Email me at docsavag@austin.rr.com and ask and I'll send you the list.

Thanks again to one and all. Someone once said that a writer only starts the story. It's the readers who finish it. It's been a great first year and I hope the second year is even bigger and better. Keep reading and I'll keep blogging.  

No comments:

Post a Comment