Friday, October 4, 2013

CAN WE GET A FACT CHECK ON AISLE THREE? SECOND CALL


In today's edition of Austin 360, the weekly entertainment section of the Austin American-Statesman, two articles are devoted to the new film about the JFK assassination, PARKLAND. One article is a review of the film and the other is a sidebar about Peter Landesman, the writer-director of the film.

In the Matthew Odam written sidebar, the following appears: "We all know about Abraham Zapruder and his black-and-white film..".

I've seen the Zapruder film. Saw it for the first time when I was in high school back in the '70s. That's a frame from the film shown above. I dunno, looks like a color film to me.

In Joe Gross's review of the film, we find this: "Too many years have past...". Um, no, I don't think so. Fifty years have passed since that day in Dallas, a tragic event that occurred in the past.

Does the Statesman even have a copy editor on staff these days?





No comments:

Post a Comment