Wednesday, July 31, 2013

MY FAVORITE RESTAURANTS 4

A few weeks ago, I spent the better part of a Saturday running errands. One of the things on my "to-do" list was to get my car's oil changed. When that task was completed, I scheduled an appointment for a haircut. I had about an hour to kill, it was lunch time, I was hungry and wouldn't you know it?  There was a Dan's Hamburgers close by the oil change place on North Lamar.

I headed over and enjoyed a very good old-fashioned cheeseburger for my lunch. I hadn't been to this Dan's location in several years. I used to frequent it more often when I lived in Central Austin. After the outstanding burger I had there the other day, I'm definitely going back as soon as possible.

There's nothing fancy here. You order at the counter and wait for your number to be called. The burgers and fries are excellent and the decor is "Early Dairy Queen". But you don't go to Dan's for what's on the walls, you go for what's on the menu. And it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment