Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MORE ANTIQUE STORE GOLD-VEGAS STYLE



Another treasure I scored at the "Vintage Vegas" antique store is the DOC SAVAGE pulp pictured above. From August, 1936,  comes the super-saga entitled THE MIDAS MAN. 

And here's the cover for the Bantam edition reprint from March, 1970. Cover art by the legendary James Bama. 

I now have both the original and the reprint of THE MIDAS MAN in my collection. I'm sure I read the paperback years ago but it's due for a second reading sometime soon. I'm afraid to read the actual pulp. I don't want to cause any further damage to the already brittle and fragile mag by handling it any more than is necessary. Of course, it's bagged but I'm reluctant to even remove it from the bag to page through it. I can still admire it as the passport to thrills and adventure that it is.

Regular readers of this blog know that Doc Savage is one of my all-time favorite heroes, pulp or otherwise. A longer future post will go into my history with Dr. Clark Savage Junior and his Fabulous Five, but for now, I just wanted to share a couple of my prized possessions with any other Doc fans that are out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment