Sunday, March 31, 2013

FLEA MARKET FIND OF THE DAY!


Judy and I had a wonderful time yesterday on our day trip to Brenham. We saw some spectacular bluebonnets, ate a wonderful lunch (meat loaf!) at the Brenham Grill and shopped until we dropped. We hit antique stores, a used book store and one tent sale on the highway in Burton. That's where I scored the treasure pictured above.

The box game I found appears to have all of the game pieces and the box is in terrific condition. For a hardcore MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E fan like me, this was a must-have item. I have a MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E board game (made by Ideal) that I bought on eBay a few years ago but it's in a much lesser condition than this card game. 

Best thing about this blast from the past? The price. The game didn't have a price tag on it and when I asked the dealer how much, he looked at it and said "five bucks." Sold. I didn't argue. I just handed the man a five-dollar bill and walked away happy. 

Stay tuned for more treasures from our shopping adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment