Friday, January 4, 2013

REACHER SAID NOTHING


I finished reading RUNNING BLIND by Lee Child the other night. I read the entire book aloud to my beautiful wife Judy over the course of several weeks. This is a tradition at Casa Campbell and I've read dozens of books to her over the years.
RUNNING BLIND is the fourth Jack Reacher novel in the immensely popular series by Lee Child. I've now read the following Reacher books: KILLING FLOOR, DIE TRYING, TRIPWIRE, RUNNING BLIND, WITHOUT FAIL, ONE SHOT, THE HARD WAY, BAD LUCK AND TROUBLE, NOTHING TO LOSE and GONE FOREVER. There are now 17 books in this series so I still have a ways to go before I've read them all. I've enjoyed each and every one of these books immensely and each one gets my highest recommendation.
In RUNNING BLIND, Reacher is recruited by the F.B.I. to help catch a serial killer with a bizarre M.O. All of the victims are women, all are ex-military, all were victims of sexual harassment while in the service. They are all found nude in their own bathtubs, which are filled with camouflage green paint. There are no signs of violence, no physical evidence, no clues. The feds are stumped but Reacher puts it all together using his powers of deductive reasoning that rival those of Sherlock Holmes. Oh, and he also busts a few heads along the way.
RUNNING BLIND is a "spell-binder" of a who-dunnit which I highly recommend. If you're even mildly curious about seeing the JACK REACHER film starring Tom Cruise, please spend your movie ticket money on this book instead. If you've already read it, buy another Reacher book and read it. If you've already read all of them, buy one anyway and give it to someone who hasn't encountered this marvelous crime fighter yet. You'll make a lot of people happy: your friend, yourself, me, Lee Child and Jack Reacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment