Thursday, October 11, 2012

JACK KIRBY ART OF THE DAY


Great work on the cover of THE JACK KIRBY COLLECTOR #50, published by TwoMorrows. This is one terrific fanzine devoted entirely to the life and work of the great Jack Kirby.
Last Christmas Eve, I arrived home from work totally exhausted to find a copy of THE JACK KIRBY COLLECTOR in my mailbox. Here's the mystery. It was not a copy of the latest issue, which would have been strange since I did not have a subscription at that time. No, it was a back issue and not just a recent back issue. It was a random issue from a couple of years back. I didn't order it. Judy didn't order it for me. It just magically appeared in my mail box on Christmas Eve.
I sure needed that magazine that afternoon. I sat down and read it for an hour and it totally melted away my stress and exhaustion. But to this day, I have no idea how or why I received it when I did and I've never received another random issue of TJKC.
Someone, somewhere, must have known that I'd need a little pick-me-up that day. Santa, anyone? 


No comments:

Post a Comment