Wednesday, May 11, 2016

ANOTHER FAVORITE BRUNETTE


I haven't posted a Favorite Brunette in quite some time so let's fix that right now. I was watching an episode of 12 O'CLOCK HIGH the other night on the Heroes and Icons cable channel. Lee Meriwether had a bit part as a Lt. at the 918 bomber group's headquarters. She's romantically involved with Colonel Joe Gallagher (Paul Burke). This is the second HIGH episode I've seen her in recently, playing the same part. I don't know how many episodes she appeared in (readers, can you help?) but seeing her served to remind of just how beautiful she was and how much I always enjoy watching her in anything.

What a career the lovely Lee has had. A former Miss America, her one and only turn as Catwoman in the 1996 feature film BATMAN almost made me forget regular TV Catwoman Julie Newmar. She was a regular on the short lived but fondly remembered Irwin Allen sf series THE TIME TUNNEL. She co-starred with Buddy Ebsen on BARNABY JONES. She made countless guest appearances on dozens of television shows in the '60s and '70s including the immortal "That Which Survives" episode of STAR TREK ("I am for you Kirk.").

Lee Meriwether has always been one of my favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment