Sunday, July 21, 2013

THE NEW PRICE GUIDE IS HERE! THE NEW PRICE GUIDE IS HERE!


I'm as happy as Navin R. Johnson (pictured above) was when he got the new phone book because I received the new Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide in the mail yesterday.

It's the  forty-third iteration of this "bible" for comic book collectors. I haven't owned every OPG every published but I haven't missed many editions. This new one sports a nifty Superman cover by Andy Kubert and weighs in at 1168 pages, many of them in full color. It has tons of ads, market reports, articles, the Hall of Fame and of course the price guide itself.

The OPG used to come out every spring but several years ago the release date was pushed back to coincide with the San Diego Comic Con, which was a very smart marketing move. I pre-ordered my copy months ago (as I always do). Over the coming twelve months I'll read all of the articles and refer to the price guide many, many times.

 The Overstreet Price Guide is as important a piece of my comic book collecting hobby as bags, boards and comics themselves. If you collect comics, you need this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment